In this supplement to his much-acclaimed Now's the Time: Teaching Jazz to All Ages, music educator Doug Goodkin continues his groundbreaking work in combining jazz education with the dynamic pedagogy of Orff Schulwerk. Here he offers 35 new roots and jazz blues pieces tried and tested by children and adults. A must for every American music educator!
This unique book features:
• A CD of the arrangements played by children
• Blues-Based games and songs for preschool and elementary children
• 22 classic jazz blues tunes arranged for the Orff Ensemble and other groups
• Sample lesson plans and tips on teaching
• Tips on improvisation and ideas for piano teachers
Only 2 remaining!